Dr. Ranjith Mahen is a health educator, chiropractor, and weight loss and clinic coach. He joins Ara to discuss being $190,000 in debt, opening his first practice with $10,000, the importance of mastering your energy, and overcoming self-doubt to pursue what you want.
**For a chance to win a $100 gift card and get future podcast updates, interviews and other news, please sign up for the newsletter - CLICK HERE!**
***To support the work we do to tell creator stories around the world, become a VIP fan - CLICK HERE!***
- CLICK HERE to listen on Spotify!
- CLICK HERE to listen to us on Apple Podcasts!
- CLICK HERE to listen to us on Google Podcasts!
***Want to leave feedback, guest recommendations or interested in being an advertising partner - CLICK HERE!***
00:15 - Introducing Dr. Ranjith Mahen
01:36 - Ranjith recalls how he met Ara, contemplating dropping out of school after his mother’s sudden passing
04:13 - What does a chiropractor do and why should someone go to a chiropractor
11:39 - Being $190,000 in debt with student loans
13:13 - Ranjith speaks on how Ara’s dad was a mentor to him and how a solid network helped him start his first practice with $10,000
17:48 - Struggling with self-doubt and overcoming it
19:26 - How to find a balance between work and life, and the importance of getting your energy right
21:30 - Ranjith speaks on the health transformation he underwent during COVID, and how this is the first generation of children who won’t outlive their parents
25:44 - Purchasing his first commercial real estate property for the business, where Ranjith sees himself in the next 3-5 years
28:32 - Books and stories that inspire Ranjith
30:57 - His mom’s passing has inspired him to help others, and recapping an example of how when you give more is given to you
32:54 - Being Tamil a major part of Ranjith’s identity
34:29 - Being inspired by Tony Robbins and A. R. Rahman
36:25 - Putting aside fear to build certainty
38:26 - What Would You Choose
42:35 - The Wrap Up
Read his feature article on TamilCulture.com - "Dr. Ranjith Mahen's Secret To Running Two Successful Multimillion Dollar Practices"
**Looking to create your love story? Join the other couples who have dated and got married through myTamilDate.com!***
- The Tamil Creator (Ep.7): Jananie Baskaran On Raising $60K For Charity Using Photography
- "The Tamil Creator (Ep.6): How Seattle-Based Real Estate Entrepreneur Vozhi Got To Rap In A Kollywood Film"
- "The Tamil Creator (Ep.5): Podcast/Radio Host Kausalya Vimal (Showkace) Is Normalizing Conversations Around Mental Health"
- "The Tamil Creator (EP. 4): Micro-Business Investor Chen Vasanthakumar Talks About Buying a Business For $0K And Selling It For $60K"
- "The Tamil Creator: MBA Grad Dilani Rabindran Talks About The Business Of Media"
- "Episode #2: Learn From The Real Estate Investor Who Acquired 41 Units In A Few Years"
- "Award-Winning Division 1 Basketball Player And Pre-Med STudent Shayna Mehta Challenges The Notion That Brown Girls Can't Ball"
- "This Tamil-Canadian Co-Founder Of An Aussie Startup Raised $7.1M Series A To Manage Property Differently"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Abarna Raj, CEO of Australian Social Startup Palmera, Is Tackling World Poverty"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Tea Drops CEO & Founder, Sashee Chandran"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Knowledgehook's CEO, Travis Ratnam"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Kabo CEO & Founder, Vino Jeyapalan"
- "Danny Sriskandarajah's Journey From Rural Sri Lanka to CEO of Oxfam Great Britain"
- "The NBA Bubble: Dr. Priya Sampathkumar Helped Make It Happen"
- "These Tamil Founders Behind Agritech Startup Dunya Habitats Want To Alleviate Food Security Globally"
- "Marketing Maven Jackson Jeyanayagam Shares Insights From His Illustrious 20-Year Career"
- "Angel Investor Jay Vasantharajah On Building His Portfolio One Day At A Time"
- "Meet Tamil-Canadian Journalist Kumutha Ramanathan"
- "Breaking Into Hollywood: Meet Tamil-Canadian Actor Vas Saranga"
- "Meet Rebecca Dharmapalan - Filmmaker, Legal Scholar, And Activist"