***Are you or someone you know in the global Tamil community doing great things? We'd love to feature them: FILL OUT THIS FORM ***
Network & collaborate with Tamil Changemakers from around the world. Request to join our private LinkedIn community here.
She joins Ara on this week’s episode of #TheTamilCreator to discuss making the most of your circumstances, why she went from finishing her last day at Oracle in Toronto on a Friday and starting hew new job at Benevity on a Monday in Calgary, key differences between start-ups like Eloqua versus larger corporations like Oracle, how a vision board changed her life, how Nike contributed to Benevity’s growth early on, the benefit of exposing children to technology at a young age, and so much more.
"The Tamil Creator" is a podcast started by me (Ara Ehamparam) to celebrate, spotlight and learn about the brilliance among Tamil creators globally. I want you to feel like you're a fly on the wall eavesdropping on a conversation that is a combination of educational, inspirational and entertaining.
*TAKE THE QUIZ - "What Type of Creator Are You?"**
***JOIN THE LIST - CLICK HERE!***
- CLICK HERE to listen on Spotify!
- CLICK HERE to listen to us on Apple Podcasts!
- CLICK HERE to listen to us on Google Podcasts!
00:19 - Ara introduces this week’s guest, Anusha Srijeyanathan
02:14 - Growing up between Sri Lanka and Nigeria before moving to Canada in the mid-80s
05:32 - How your environment and certain experiences shape you
14:00 - Being employee #17 at Eloqua where she was Director of Vertical Solutions; being driven by curiosity
18:21 - Eloqua getting bought out by Oracle; the biggest differences Anusha saw in both companies
20:46 - How her opportunity with Benevity came along; the impact of vision boards
25:51 - Eloqua versus Benevity do; early marketing tech versus powering the biggest and most iconic brands
28:23 - How a recruiter convinced her to join Benevity
32:31 - Moving to Calgary on a whim and why Anusha didn’t take a break in between; building resiliency
34:26 - Benevity being structured as a B Corp
36:35 - How Benevity acquired its first group of customers; Nike
39:43 - How Benevity makes revenue; subscription fees and more
41:22 - Studying one thing but having a completely different career trajectory; Anusha’s view on education
44:30 - What Anusha looks for when she hires new employees; picking between talent and the best-fit
48:40 - Will Anusha build her own company in the future?
50:52 - Advice she would give her 16-year-old self
52:29 - Biggest learning lesson in the last 3-5 years
54:36 - The personal legacy Anusha wants to be remembered for by her friends and family
55:53 - Creator Confessions
1:00:10 - The Wrap Up
**Looking to create your love story? Join the other couples who have dated and married through myTamilDate.com!***
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #80): Gokul Natesan - The Life Of A Professional Basketball Player
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #79): Sarah Sukumaran - Former Nike Product Director Disrupting The Hypermasculine Sneaker Market With Her Female-Centric Brand Lilith
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #78): Jey Balachandran - From Employee #7 To CTO At Doximity (800+ Person Publicly Traded Tech Company)
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #77): Jallaja Pararajasingham - Dancer, Choreographer & Founder Of Let's Jalsa Dance Academy
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #76): Naren Balakrishnan - Helping Canadian Companies Innovate By Navigating The Multi-Billion Dollar SRED Program
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #75): Apinayah Arul – Starting Varman’s Smile Foundation After Losing Her Younger Brother To Suicide
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #74): Sibi Selvanathan - Writing & Publishing An Amazon Top 5 Epic Fantasy Book In 18 Months During The Pandemic
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Nivatha Balendra On Surviving Cancer & Building a CleanTech Startup"
- Tamil Innovators: Prajeeth Balasubramaniam Discusses Startups & Investing in Sri Lanka
- "Separated From Family During Sri Lanka's Civil War, Ganesh Thava Overcomes Childhood Adversities To Find Success As Actor, Writer & Director"
- "Singaporean-Born, Canadian-Raised, Decolonial Racial Equity Educator Channdika Thayver Delivers Powerful TEDx Talk On Racial Equity In The Workplace"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Theban Ganesh Discusses Building a Web3 Company, Improving Healthcare Through Blockchain, Successful Exits"
- "Karthy Subramaniam Co-founded Fast Growing Sauce Company LITS as a Tribute to a Childhood Friend"
- "Elite Athlete, Coach, Future Chiropractor & Entrepreneur Abirami Shanmugaratnam Is Making Waves In The Athletic Performance Industry"
- "Toronto's OG Food Writer Suresh Doss Is Using His Reach And Voice To Help Engineer A Comeback For Beleaguered Restaurant Industry"
- "Ballet And Kung Fu Trained Australian Actress & Writer Rubi Balasingam Is Promoting Tamil Voices In Aussie TV And Film"
- "Yathusha Kulenthiran's Marketplace For Environmentally Sustainable Palmyra Products Empowers Female Artisans In Sri Lanka"
- "Australian-Tamil Entrepreneur Sujan Selven Is Creating Economic Opportunities For Remote Villages In Northeast Sri Lanka Using Upcycled Devices & Improved Connectivity"
- "Crypto Tinhorn & Former Journalist Anand Venkateswaran Talks About Buying A $69M Digital Art Piece, Collecting Stories & Catalyzing Change"