In Art Berg’s “ The Impossible Just Takes a Little Longer: Living with Purpose and Passion,” the author details the story of a traveler venturing across a desert land. The traveler becomes thirsty during his journey and goes to a nearby village for food and water. However, he’s laughed at and turned away by the villagers there. Frustrated, the man places a stone in his bag telling the villagers he would remember the insult. Sadly, this occurred numerous times, and the man turned to placing stones into his bag in an effort to remind himself of his mistreatment by the villagers.
As you can imagine, his bag got heavy extremely quickly. The weight of the stones was getting in the way of his search for food and water. However, they also became a part of the man’s identity, and losing the stones would mean losing his sense of self. He cherished them, as they were his only companion throughout his travels. Even when it was clear they were only increasing his burden, he refused to put them down, as they became a part of him.
Eventually, he passed away, as the weight of his stones made it impossible for him to continue his journey. The man didn’t realize that by putting his stones down, there was the chance he could have gone further and received the help he needed.
My question is, what stones are you carrying today?
What past feelings of things like heartbreak, regret or anger have you allowed into your bag?
How heavy are they?
Would your life be better off without them?
***Looking to create your love story? Join the other couples who have dated and got married through myTamilDate.com!***
- "Meet Vijay Sappani: A Pharma Professional Who Created A Multibillion-Dollar Cannabis Business"
- "University Drop-out & Self-Taught Tamil Artist JYDXI Finds Success Through Instagram"
- "These Tamil Entrepreneurs Share How They Grew Their Side Hustles"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Abarna Raj, CEO of Australian Social Startup Palmera, Is Tackling World Poverty"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Tea Drops CEO & Founder, Sashee Chandran"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Knowledgehook's CEO, Travis Ratnam"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Kabo CEO & Founder, Vino Jeyapalan"
- "Danny Sriskandarajah's Journey From Rural Sri Lanka to CEO of Oxfam Great Britain"
- "Meet Tamil-Canadian Tech Entrepreneur Mano Kulasingam"
- "The NBA Bubble: Dr. Priya Sampathkumar Helped Make It Happen"
- "These Tamil Founders Behind Agritech Startup Dunya Habitats Want To Alleviate Food Security Globally"
- "Marketing Maven Jackson Jeyanayagam Shares Insights From His Illustrious 20-Year Career"
- "Angel Investor Jay Vasantharajah On Building His Portfolio One Day At A Time"
- "Meet Tamil-Canadian Journalist Kumutha Ramanathan"
- "Breaking Into Hollywood: Meet Tamil-Canadian Actor Vas Saranga"
- "Meet Rebecca Dharmapalan - Filmmaker, Legal Scholar, And Activist"