***Are you or someone you know in the global Tamil community doing great things? We'd love to feature them: FILL OUT THIS FORM ***
Network & collaborate with Tamil Changemakers from around the world. Request to join our private LinkedIn community here.
She joins Ara on this week’s episode of #TheTamilCreator to discuss the spark behind "The Human Being Journal", side hustles, a fear of not living up to her full potential, quitting her job right before the pandemic to take the entrepreneurial leap, prioritizing friendship/family over business, the peace she experienced in New Zealand and much more.
"The Tamil Creator" is a podcast started by me (Ara Ehamparam) to celebrate, spotlight and learn about the brilliance among Tamil creators globally. I want you to feel like you're a fly on the wall eavesdropping on a conversation that is a combination of educational, inspirational and entertaining.
*TAKE THE QUIZ - "What Type of Creator Are You?"**
***JOIN THE LIST - CLICK HERE!***
- CLICK HERE to listen on Spotify!
- CLICK HERE to listen to us on Apple Podcasts!
- CLICK HERE to listen to us on Google Podcasts!
00:19 - Ara introduces this week’s guest, Genevive Savundranayagam
01:08 - Genevive speaks on growing up, her professional experience, and more
03:19 - What made her go down an entrepreneurial route?
06:57 - Navigating business partnerships with friends
10:17 - Initially opting not to sign a shareholder agreement
12:32 - Mahara Mindfulness - the idea, the name, and more
16:00 - What is ’The Human Being Journal’ ?
20:10 - Why there won’t be a digital version, or course, for The Human Being Journal
23:42 - The buzz around The Human Being Journal and how it got into Indigo
27:11 - Funding Mahara Mindfulness; bootstrapping vs. fundraising
28:43 - Deciding which investors they wanted to work with
30:13 - Where she sees the company in 5 years; US/global expansion, giving back, and more
32:14 - Have friends/family questioned her choices along the journey?
33:49 - How Genevive wants to be remembered by friends and family
35:27 - Advice she would give her 16-year-old self
36:40 - Genevive’s life would be a ‘disaster’ without a calendar
39:12 - Her favourite sources of learning, and everything happening for a reason
42:13 - The positive impact that morning workouts have had on Genevive’s life
43:50 - Who Genevive admires in the global Tamil community and non-Tamil community
46:42 - Creator Confessions
53:19 - The Wrap Up
**Looking to create your love story? Join the other couples who have dated and got married through myTamilDate.com!***
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #58): Suresh Sriskandarajah - Lawyer, Engineer & MBA Grade Who Overcame Extreme Personal Adversity To Achieve Success"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #57): Amritha Shakti – Chennai-Born, Australian-Raised Musician With An MBA"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #56): Mayuran Yogarajah - Being Employee #2 At Index Exchange"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #55): Manjula Selvarajah & Kirthana Sasitharan - CBC Journalists Behind The Award-Winning "Boldly Asian" Series"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #54): Chief Nishan Duraiappah - North America's First Tamil Chief of Police"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #53): Chantal Sathi – From Scarborough To Oxford, Culminating In A Faith-Led Journey To Create Tech Company CornerstoreAI"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #52): Himalesh Kumar - American Tech Entrepreneur Overcomes Dyslexia To Sell His Company To Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Nivatha Balendra On Surviving Cancer & Building a CleanTech Startup"
- "Separated From Family During Sri Lanka's Civil War, Ganesh Thava Overcomes Childhood Adversities To Find Success As Actor, Writer & Director"
- "Singaporean-Born, Canadian-Raised, Decolonial Racial Equity Educator Channdika Thayver Delivers Powerful TEDx Talk On Racial Equity In The Workplace"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Theban Ganesh Discusses Building a Web3 Company, Improving Healthcare Through Blockchain, Successful Exits"
- "Karthy Subramaniam Co-founded Fast Growing Sauce Company LITS as a Tribute to a Childhood Friend"
- "Elite Athlete, Coach, Future Chiropractor & Entrepreneur Abirami Shanmugaratnam Is Making Waves In The Athletic Performance Industry"
- "Toronto's OG Food Writer Suresh Doss Is Using His Reach And Voice To Help Engineer A Comeback For Beleaguered Restaurant Industry"
- "Ballet And Kung Fu Trained Australian Actress & Writer Rubi Balasingam Is Promoting Tamil Voices In Aussie TV And Film"
- "Yathusha Kulenthiran's Marketplace For Environmentally Sustainable Palmyra Products Empowers Female Artisans In Sri Lanka"
- "Australian-Tamil Entrepreneur Sujan Selven Is Creating Economic Opportunities For Remote Villages In Northeast Sri Lanka Using Upcycled Devices & Improved Connectivity"
- "Crypto Tinhorn & Former Journalist Anand Venkateswaran Talks About Buying A $69M Digital Art Piece, Collecting Stories & Catalyzing Change"