It has always been such a wonder to me how some people (celebrities mainly) get their natural curls so..perfect. Well the wonder is over! I have been experimenting over the past month to find a way to tame my mane and I found a few things that work! I hope these tricks work for your locks as well!
1. The Tee -
Using a cotton t-shirt rather than a terry cloth bath towel helps maintain your spirals by keeping it de-frizzed! The trick is to very gently squeeze your hair from root to tips (works better if done in sections). At this point if you usually wrap your hair in your towel you may also do that with your t-shirt or you can skip that step completely and dive right into adding your products!
2. Sea Salt Spray -
This product has worked wonders for my curls! It tames any frizzes I may have and it keeps my curls beautiful, gives it texture and creates this soft Bollywood in the wind type hair. You can make a cheap sea salt spray at home by mixing 1 tablespoon of sea salt and 1 cup hot water into a spray bottle and shake! After that spray some of the product into your damp hair (or dry if that works for you) and scrunch your hair together. Once you are done let your hair air dry or use a hair diffuser to get perfect curls!
3. Deep Condition -
The set back by using sea salt spray and heating tools is that it dries out and damages your hair with continuous use therefore, a deep conditioning process is very important to add moisture back into your hair. My favorite product right now is the Triple Nutrition Dryness Reversal Treatment by Garnier. It contains avocado, olive and almond oil to restore strength, shine and prevents split ends.
- The t-shirt method also works with a microfiber towel
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to your sea salt spray for scent and to help keep your hair soft.
- Add a teaspoon of gel to your sea salt spray for extra hold.
- Do not brush your hair in the shower or when it is wet because it loses 50% of its elasticity causing your hair to break easier. Brush before you shower.
- The Sea Salt spray can also be used on straight hair and short hair to add texture and volume to your hair, which makes it a brilliant product for styling!
Keep playing around with these methods to see what might work for your curls and if you have any tricks that work for you, please share it in the comment section below!