***Are you or someone you know in the global Tamil community doing great things? We'd love to feature them: FILL OUT THIS FORM ***
Network & collaborate with Tamil Changemakers from around the world. Request to join our private LinkedIn community here.
TC is pleased to be partnering with Scarborough Health Network (SHN) Foundation to support their Love, Scarborough campaign.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) Foundation launched the Love, Scarborough marketing campaign earlier this year. This campaign will directly support their $100 million fundraising goal to help close the healthcare gap and is calling on the City of Toronto to back them up.
Scarborough is home to a large number of new Canadians (about 75% of the City of Toronto’s Tamil population lives in Scarborough) – who often speak a primary language other than English – and SHN serves a catchment area of over 832,000 people. SHN is committed to providing world-class, inclusive care across numerous disciplines for Canada’s most diverse community, but it’s significantly underfunded.
Through donations and support from the community, they're able to address their unique needs. Recently, with the support of the Canadian Tamils Medical Association, Scarborough Health Network Foundation was able to hire a full-time Tamil speaking mental health therapist to work with the Tamil community. Maria Henrietta, Social Worker in the Outpatient Mental Health Department at Scarborough Health Network, is working closely with all Tamil referrals to triage and provide care.
In order to continue providing much needed services, SHN's inaugural Tamil Radiothon aims to inspire the community and neighbours to support the future of health care in Scarborough. This important event not only brings people together for a day of education and awareness for SHN’s exceptional care, but it also raises significant funds that will directly impact our three Scarborough hospitals — Centenary, General and Birchmount — and the local patients and families who rely on them.
In collaboration with CMR 101.3, the SHN Foundation Radiothon will air live on June 11, 2022, and will feature interviews with patients, physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers to inspire the community to help shape the future of health care in Scarborough by showing their support through donations.
**Looking to create your love story? Join the other couples who have dated and got married through myTamilDate.com!***
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #64): Rajan Bala - Missing Out On A "Big Exit" As The Co-Founder Of Retail Tech Startup Hiku
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #63): Milli Thangarajah - International Makeup Artist (Published)
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #62): Vinnin (Vinuson Suntharesan) - 17-Year-Old Canadian Hip Hop Artist With A Song On The NBA 2K21 Soundtrack
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #61): Priscilla Sreedharan - Former Associate Producer on CBC's Dragons' Den
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #60): Ravi Srinivasan - International Programmer At The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) & Hot Docs
- The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #59): Genevive Savundranayagam - Serial Entrepreneur & Brand Builder Behind Mahara Mindfulness (Creator Of "The Human Being Journal")
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (EP #58): Suresh Sriskandarajah - Lawyer, Engineer & MBA Grade Who Overcame Extreme Personal Adversity To Achieve Success"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Nivatha Balendra On Surviving Cancer & Building a CleanTech Startup"
- Tamil Innovators: Prajeeth Balasubramaniam Discusses Startups & Investing in Sri Lanka
- "Separated From Family During Sri Lanka's Civil War, Ganesh Thava Overcomes Childhood Adversities To Find Success As Actor, Writer & Director"
- "Singaporean-Born, Canadian-Raised, Decolonial Racial Equity Educator Channdika Thayver Delivers Powerful TEDx Talk On Racial Equity In The Workplace"
- "Tamil Innovators Spotlight: Theban Ganesh Discusses Building a Web3 Company, Improving Healthcare Through Blockchain, Successful Exits"
- "Karthy Subramaniam Co-founded Fast Growing Sauce Company LITS as a Tribute to a Childhood Friend"
- "Elite Athlete, Coach, Future Chiropractor & Entrepreneur Abirami Shanmugaratnam Is Making Waves In The Athletic Performance Industry"
- "Toronto's OG Food Writer Suresh Doss Is Using His Reach And Voice To Help Engineer A Comeback For Beleaguered Restaurant Industry"
- "Ballet And Kung Fu Trained Australian Actress & Writer Rubi Balasingam Is Promoting Tamil Voices In Aussie TV And Film"
- "Yathusha Kulenthiran's Marketplace For Environmentally Sustainable Palmyra Products Empowers Female Artisans In Sri Lanka"
- "Australian-Tamil Entrepreneur Sujan Selven Is Creating Economic Opportunities For Remote Villages In Northeast Sri Lanka Using Upcycled Devices & Improved Connectivity"
- "Crypto Tinhorn & Former Journalist Anand Venkateswaran Talks About Buying A $69M Digital Art Piece, Collecting Stories & Catalyzing Change"