Modakams are steamed or fried dumplings made from rice flour, wheat flour, or maida, and stuffed with jaggery and grated coconut. They are said to be Lord Ganesh’s favorite sweet offered to him on the occasion of the Ganesh Chaturthi festival. I have used simple ingredients such as ricotta cheese, milk powder, condensed milk, cardamom powder, and saffron to create a fusion version of the original recipe. Learn to make this quick, easy, and tasty cheese modakam by following the recipe below. Enjoy!
- Ricotta Cheese - 2 cups
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Few Saffron strands
1.Transfer the ricotta cheese into a nonstick pan and start to mix well on medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes.
2.Add milk powder and mix well.
3.Add sweetened condensed milk and saffron strands while continuing to mix well.
4.Cook until mixture begins to lose the moisture in it and becomes a bit thick.
5.Add cardamom powder and mix well.
6.Transfer the mixture into a separate bowl.
7.Allow the mixture to cool for few minutes.
8.Grease the modakam mold with a little ghee or butter, then set it aside.
9.Keeping the modakam mold closed, stuff a small portion of the mixture from the bottom hole.
10.Simply press the mixture with your finger towards the center of the mold so that it takes the shape of the mold.
11.Then slowly open the mold, gently remove the modakam from it, and place it on a plate.
12.Repeat the above steps using the remaining mixture to make the rest of the modakams.
13.Serve the cheese modakams soon after, or store them in an airtight container and refrigerate them until serving.
Check out my baking page - https://www.facebook.com/Jayscreationsusa
**Looking to create your love story? Join the other couples who have dated and got married through myTamilDate.com!***
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (Ep.24): Nelson Sivalingam - UK-Based Serial Entrepreneur (Tech & Food), Podcast Host & Award-Winning Filmmaker"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (Ep.23): Maya Bastian - Investigative Video Journalist To Award-Winning Film Director (Including 2021 Cannes Festival Entrant)"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (Ep.22): Sathish Muneeswaran - Personal Trainer Changing The Conversation In The Tamil Community Around Strength Training, Fitness & Healthy Eating"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (Ep.21): Shayna Mehta – Aspiring Doctor & Award-Winning Div 1 Basketball Player Challenges The Notion That Brown Girls Can't Ball"
- "The Tamil Creator Podcast (Ep.20): Anand Venkateswaran – Crypto Believer Behind $69M NFT Purchase & Co-Manager of Metapurse, World's Largest NFT Fund"
- "The Tamil Creator (Ep.19): Priya Ragu – Swiss-Tamil Music Artist On A Meteoric Rise To Global Fame"
- "The Tamil Creator (Ep.18): Thusy Suntharam – Montreal Filmmaker Pursuing Big Screen Dreams While Working A 9-to-5"
- "The Tamil Creator (Ep.17): Kumutha Ramanathan – Award-Winning Journalist & Budding Entrepreneur"
- "The Tamil Creator (Ep.16): Thiru Vignarajah – Baltimore Mayoral Candidate, Federal Prosecutor & Harvard Law School Graduate"
- "The Tamil Creator (Ep.15): Thiviyaa Sehasothy – Marketing Professional By Day, Savvy Art Entrepreneur By Night"
- "Award-Winning Division 1 Basketball Player And Pre-Med STudent Shayna Mehta Challenges The Notion That Brown Girls Can't Ball"
- "This Tamil-Canadian Co-Founder Of An Aussie Startup Raised $7.1M Series A To Manage Property Differently"
- "Danny Sriskandarajah's Journey From Rural Sri Lanka to CEO of Oxfam Great Britain"
- "The NBA Bubble: Dr. Priya Sampathkumar Helped Make It Happen"
- "These Tamil Founders Behind Agritech Startup Dunya Habitats Want To Alleviate Food Security Globally"
- "Marketing Maven Jackson Jeyanayagam Shares Insights From His Illustrious 20-Year Career"
- "Angel Investor Jay Vasantharajah On Building His Portfolio One Day At A Time"
- "Meet Tamil-Canadian Journalist Kumutha Ramanathan"
- "Breaking Into Hollywood: Meet Tamil-Canadian Actor Vas Saranga"
- "Meet Rebecca Dharmapalan - Filmmaker, Legal Scholar, And Activist"